Government Stimulus Payments
Due to the recently enacted COVID-related Tax Relief Act of 2020, many Golden 1 members may have started to receive a second round of financial relief from the government in the form of a stimulus payment (also known as Economic Impact Payments or EIP) via direct deposit from the IRS or a physical check. We know immediate access to these funds is important, so please consider the following:
• If you have direct deposit, your funds will be made available as soon as possible after we receive the payment. In many cases, we make direct deposit funds available a day before scheduled. Although it is not guaranteed and is dependent on the timing of funding, you may receive your direct deposit sooner than expected.
• The legislation directs that payments be made by Jan 15, 2021. That is the date by which the IRS will have processed the payment files – due to constraints of check/debit card fulfillment and mailing, some of those payments may take additional time to be fulfilled, mailed and received.
• If you’re not sure which account you have set-up for direct deposit, please check your most recent tax return or talk to your tax preparer.
• If you want to change how you receive your Economic Impact Payment, please contact the IRS. Golden 1 cannot change how your payment is sent to you.
• If you have questions regarding unemployment benefit payments, please contact the State of California Employment Development Department.
• If you receive a physical check, please use Mobile Deposit (for checks up to $10,000) or visit an ATM or branch for checks more than $10,000. Mobile Deposit reminder: Be sure the check is not rescanned or deposited elsewhere unless we specifically direct you otherwise.
Protect Yourself from Fraud
We urge you to stay vigilant as fraudsters are out in force with scams centered on COVID-19. These scams include text messages, phone calls and phishing emails that claim to be from such agencies as the CDC and WHO. Take care before clicking on links from unknown sources and for more information, visit the Federal Trade Commission. Golden 1 will never ask for your mobile/online banking Password or Personal Identification Number (PIN) on your cards.
For the latest information please follow us on social media.
If you are visiting one of our branches, rest assured that we are taking steps as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control to ensure our employees and members are staying healthy. All employees are required to wear face coverings, we have installed sneeze guards and social distancing markers as well as adhere to stringent regular cleaning of surfaces. Our branch safety video demonstrates what to expect when visiting one of our branches.
To comply with requirements and recommendations from health officials and local governments, every person entering a Golden 1 branch must wear a face mask/covering. Thank you for your understanding.
Loan Payment Assistance Programs
We offer various loan payment assistance programs* for those experiencing a financial hardship including deferrals, reduced payments, modifications, forbearances and repayment plans.
For first mortgage forbearance plans, please call 1-888-908-8933. For home equity forbearance plans for HELOCs and second equity liens, please send an email to email@example.com indicating you would like a call back to discuss a forbearance option.
For payment assistance on all non-real estate products (auto, lines of credit, personal lines of credit, and credit cards) please call 1-877-723-3010. Agents are available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 7 p.m. PST and on Saturdays from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. PST.