Whether you're establishing or repairing your financial history—or just looking for a low-cost way to achieve your financial goals—check out our SmartStart Checking™ Account. SmartStart Checking is a basic checking account that’s designed to help you develop a good financial history.
Plus, after 12 months, you'll have the opportunity to request a conversion to our Free Checking Account! SmartStart Checking Features:
- No monthly service charge
- No minimum opening deposit
- No minimum balance requirements
Easy Money Management
A SmartSmart Checking Account offers you a variety of ways to manage your money. If you need to write a check, or use a debit card, you'll have both options. Plus, with our online and mobile banking solutions, you can check your account balance, deposit checks from your smartphone, and pay your bills!
- Free Debit Card
- Free Online and Mobile Banking
- Free Mobile Deposit
- Free Direct Deposit
- Free first order of 40-Pack Custom Image Checks
- Free Member Education Workshops
Convert to our Free Checking Account After 12 Months!
If your account stays in good standing for at least 12 months, you'll be eligible to request a conversion to our Free Checking Account. To convert to our Free Checking Account, you must meet the following requirements:
- You are not in default on any loan obligation to Golden 1.
- Your account is not the subject of any legal or administrative order or levy, such as bankruptcy or a tax lien.
- Your account has not been overdrawn during the most recent consecutive 12-month period after account opening.
- You have no instances of account abuse at other financial institutions.
After meeting these requirements for a period of at least 12 consecutive months, you may visit any Golden 1 branch or call us to request a conversion to a Free Checking Account.
Improve your Financial Management Skills at our Free Financial Education Workshops
Golden 1 workshops and webinars can provide you with the tools you need to help achieve your financial goals. By attending one of our free workshops or webinars, you will be able to access information, tools, resources, and Golden 1 products and services that may help you manage your resources more effectively. To view a list of all available workshops, visit the Financial Learning page.
YOU ARE ABOUT TO LEAVE GOLDEN 1 WEBSITE
- You are linking to an alternate website not operated by the credit union;
- Golden 1 is not responsible for the product, service, or overall content of the alternate website;
- Golden 1 does not represent either the third party or the member if the two enter into a transaction; and
- Privacy and security policies may differ from those practiced by the credit union.