Advance Child Tax Credit Payments in 2021
Advance Child Tax Credit payments will begin on July 15, 2021, with monthly payments continuing mid-month through December, 2021. For more information, including eligibility criteria and payment status, visit IRS.gov/childtaxcredit2021.
Golden State Stimulus II Payments
California will provide the Golden State Stimulus II payment to families and people who qualify. This is a one-time $600 or $1,200 payment per tax return. You may receive this payment if you receive the California Earned Income Tax Credit (CalEITC) or file with an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN). Typically, you'll receive this payment using the refund option you selected on your tax return, either direct deposit or check in the mail.
Disbursement of second round payments is anticipated to begin in late August. Visit the Golden State Stimulus page for more information on eligibility and schedule of payment distribution.
Government Stimulus Payments
Due to the recently enacted American Rescue Plan Act of 2021, many Golden 1 members may have started to receive a third round of financial relief from the government in the form of a stimulus payment (also known as Economic Impact Payments or EIP) via direct deposit from the IRS, physical check, or debit card. We know immediate access to these funds is important, so please consider the following:
• If you have direct deposit, your funds will be made available as soon as possible after we receive the payment. In many cases, we make direct deposit funds available a day before scheduled. Although it is not guaranteed and is dependent on the timing of funding, you may receive your direct deposit sooner than expected.
• If you’re not sure which account you have set-up for direct deposit, please check your most recent tax return or talk to your tax preparer.
• If you receive an EIP card, please visit eipcard.com and follow instructions for activation. After activation, you will be able to transfer funds from your EIP card to your Golden 1 account.
• If you want to change how you receive your Economic Impact Payment, please contact the IRS. Golden 1 cannot change how your payment is sent to you.
• If you have questions regarding unemployment benefit payments, please contact the State of California Employment Development Department.
• If you receive a physical check, please use Mobile Deposit (for checks up to $25,000) or visit an ATM or branch for checks more than $25,000. Mobile Deposit reminder: Be sure the check is not rescanned or deposited elsewhere unless we specifically direct you otherwise.
If you did not receive a round one or two stimulus payment or you believe you may have been issued less than the full amount, you may be eligible to claim the 2020 Recovery Rebate Credit on your 2020 tax return. For eligibility, click here.
Protect Yourself from Fraud
We urge you to stay vigilant as fraudsters are out in force with scams centered on COVID-19. These scams include text messages, phone calls and phishing emails that claim to be from such agencies as the CDC and WHO. Take care before clicking on links from unknown sources and for more information, visit the Federal Trade Commission. Golden 1 will never ask for your mobile/online banking Password or Personal Identification Number (PIN) on your cards.
For the latest information please follow us on social media.
The majority of Golden 1 branches are open and operating with standard business hours. Although you can conduct much of your business safely and securely from home with Mobile and Online Banking, when you need to come to a branch you can skip the line by scheduling ahead for your next in-branch visit. Please visit our ATM/Branch Finder for more details.
Golden 1 continues to follow evolving federal, state, and local health masking recommendations and mandates. As of July 30, 2021, we require that both vaccinated and unvaccinated members and guests entering a Branch or Home Loan Center wear an approved facial covering.
All Golden 1 employees will continue to wear the appropriate facial coverings in our Branches, Home Loan Centers, and other facilities, and continue to observe physical distancing requirements.
Loan Payment Assistance Programs
We offer various loan payment assistance programs* for those experiencing a financial hardship including deferrals, reduced payments, modifications, forbearances and repayment plans.
For first mortgage forbearance plans, please call 1-888-908-8933. For home equity forbearance plans for HELOCs and second equity liens, please send an email to email@example.com indicating you would like a call back to discuss a forbearance option.
For payment assistance on all non-real estate products (auto, lines of credit, personal lines of credit, and credit cards) please call 1-877-723-3010. Agents are available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 7 p.m. PST and on Saturdays from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. PST.