Financial hardships happen to almost everyone and often occur unexpectedly due to circumstances beyond our control. Golden 1 is here to help you in your time of need. If you’re having trouble managing your Golden 1 payments, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. We offer several payment assistance options.
Please note: Not all members or products may qualify for these loan assistance options.
Payment Assistance Programs
These programs require you to make monthly payments:
• Repayment Plan (available for most loan products): When your loan is past due, this option allows you to make more than your monthly payment for a defined period to bring it current, e.g. six months or twelve months.
• Reduced Payment Plan (excludes credit card and mortgage products): This option allows you to make reduced payments for a defined period, e.g. one year. You will have a balloon payment at maturity for the unpaid portions of the payments, and will pay more interest over the remaining term of your loan.
• Modification (excludes credit card product): This option will reduce your loan payment by extending the term and/or reducing the interest rate. You may pay more in interest over the remaining term of your loan due to the extension.
• Reage (credit card only): This option requires you to make consistent, minimum monthly payments for six months on a past due credit card. Your account may be brought current at the successful completion of the six month minimum payment period. This program is only for credit cards, which are revolving lines of credit with no maturity date.
These programs allow you to make either greatly reduced payments, or no payments for a defined period:
• Forbearance Plan (partial or full): This option allows you to make greatly reduced or no monthly payments for a defined period, e.g. three months or six months. Your loan’s past due status will progress. When the forbearance period ends, you must select a repayment option such as a repayment plan or modification to bring your loan current.
• Deferment (excludes mortgage products): This option allows you to make no payments for a defined period, e.g. one month or two months. The payments you did not make will create a balloon payment at the maturity.
• Short sale (mortgage products): This option allows you to sell your home and Golden 1 agrees to accept less than the unpaid principal balance owed at the time of sale. Golden 1 will determine with a valuation that the property value is less than the unpaid principal balanced owed.
• Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure (mortgage products): This option allows you to voluntarily leave your home and assign your deed to Golden 1 in order to avoid a pending foreclosure.
For payment assistance on all non-mortgage products (auto, lines of credit, personal lines of credit, and credit cards), please call 1-877-723-3010. Representatives are available Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. PST and Saturday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. PST.
Home equity products:
For payment assistance on home equity products, please call 1-844-670-9545. Representatives are available Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. PST. You may also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and request a representative call you to discuss solutions.
For first mortgage payment assistance, please call our mortgage servicer, DMI, at 1-888-395-3997. Representatives are available Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST. You may also submit a request directly through the Loan Solution Center, a secure website operated by DMI. Create a user name and password, sign in, and follow the menu to submit your request for assistance. Please note: this website is not branded by DMI or Golden 1.
If you incurred any loss to your home, please contact our mortgage servicer, DMI, at 1-877-592-0192. Representatives are available Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST. You may also submit your request by sending an email to email@example.com or by accessing the first mortgage website through Online Banking and sending a secured message.
The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) offers free counseling for homeowners whose mortgage loans have become past due and offers information on foreclosure prevention alternatives. You can reach HUD at 1-800-569-4287 or TDD 1-800-877-8339.