Our Community Grant program.
It is our honor to support programs that help children, teens, and young adults gain skills and resources that will put them on the road to secure and productive lives.
The Golden 1 Credit Union Community Grant Program funds nonprofits serving communities in the Sacramento Valley and Central Valley. We support organizations working to address the needs of young readers and transition-age young adults in two focus areas:
- Literacy: Programs geared to improve the reading skills of children in grades K-12, including reading comprehension and overall school performance.
- Transition-Age Foster Youth: Programs that provide services, assistance, and opportunities for young people between the ages of 16 and 24 years old who are or have been in foster care.
We are no longer accepting proposals for the 2021 grant cycle. Applicants will be notified on June 30, 2021 of our funding decisions. For information about future grant opportunities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2020 Grant Recipients
Since 2014, we have awarded more than $3.8 million to nonprofits supporting youth literacy and foster youth as they transition to adulthood. In 2020, we awarded more than $600,000 in grants to 22 nonprofits in California.
- 3Strands Global Foundation
- 916 Ink
- Adventure Risk Challenge
- Aging UP
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Sacramento
- California Youth Connection
- Child Abuse Prevention Council of Sacramento
- City Year Sacramento
- Compassion Planet
- Every Neighborhood Partnership
- Focus Forward
- Foundation for California Community Colleges
- Fresno Interdenominational Refugee Ministries (FIRM)
- Improve Your Tomorrow
- Juma Ventures
- Reading and Beyond
- Sacramento Chinese Community Service Center
- Sacramento Literacy Foundation
- Shores of Hope
- Stanford Sierra Youth & Families
- Teach for America- California Capital Valley