Making positive changes together.
Golden 1 Credit Union values our members and communities we serve. We feel it is our responsibility to support organizations that give children the keys to success so they can flourish. As such, we created the Community Grant Program in 2014 to contribute to causes that make positive change in California. Each year we enhance the quality of life in these communities by contributing more than $500,000 to worthy organizations.
Since inception, the program has awarded grants to 64 non-profits in the Sacramento and Fresno regions, totaling more than $3.2 million for literacy and transition-age foster youth.
In 2019, we awarded grants to 28 nonprofits in California.
- 3Strands Global Foundation
- 916 Ink
- Aging Up
- Assistance League of Greater Placer
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Sacramento
- California Youth Connection
- CASA of Kings County
- Reading Partners Sacramento
- CASA of Sacramento County
- Child Abuse Council of Sacramento
- City Year Sacramento
- Compassion Planet
- Every Neighborhood Partnership
- Focus Forward
- Foundation for California Community Colleges
- Fresno Interdenominational Refugee Ministries
- Improve Your Tomorrow, Inc.
- Life Skills Training and Educational Programs, Inc.
- Reading and Beyond
- Sacramento Chinese Community Service Center
- Sacramento Public Library Foundation
- Sacramento LGBT Community Center
- Sacramento RiteCare Childhood Language Center
- Sierra Forever Families
- Teach for America California Capital Valley
- Yolo Interfaith Immigration Network