Community Grant Program
Golden 1 Credit Union respects and values our members, employees, and communities. To enhance the quality of life in the communities we serve, Golden 1 contributes more than $500,000 annually to support the efforts of non-profit organizations in California.
Areas of Focus
Golden 1 Credit Union awards grants to programs that address the needs of children and young adults in two categories:
- Literacy: Programs that help children and young adults learn to read, improve their reading comprehension, and assist them in improving school performance.
- Transition-Age Foster Youth: Programs that provide services, assistance, and opportunities for young people between the ages of 16 and 24 years old who are or have been in foster care.
We are no longer accepting grant proposals at this time. Please check back for information about future grant cycles.
Since we created the Community Grant Program in 2014, we have awarded grants totaling more than $3.8 million for literacy and transition-age foster youth. In 2020, we awarded grants to 22 nonprofits in California.
- 3Strands Global Foundation
- 916 Ink
- Adventure Risk Challenge
- Aging UP
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Sacramento
- California Youth Connection
- Child Abuse Prevention Council of Sacramento
- City Year Sacramento
- Compassion Planet
- Every Neighborhood Partnership
- Focus Forward
- Foundation for California Community Colleges
- Fresno Interdenominational Refugee Ministries (FIRM)
- Improve Your Tomorrow
- Juma Ventures
- Reading and Beyond
- Sacramento Chinese Community Service Center
- Sacramento Public Library Foundation
- Shores of Hope
- Stanford Sierra Youth & Families
- Teach for America- California Capital Valley