Golden 1 Credit Union believes in investing in California’s future leaders, and we are proud to do our part to help them achieve their educational goals. Through the Golden 1 Credit Union scholarship program, we provide members and their dependents financial assistance, valued at up to $20,000 per student. Students receive awards based on academic achievement, community involvement, and extracurricular activities.
Recipients can receive:
- Up to $1,000 annually to full-time students who plan to attend an accredited, nonprofit, two-year community college in California
- Up to $5,000 annually to full-time students who plan to attend an accredited, nonprofit, four-year college or university in California
In order to be eligible, you must:
- Hold a grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher
- Be involved in community service totaling at least 24 hours in the last 12 months
- Be a Golden 1 member for at least one year, or be a dependent of someone who has been a member for at least one year*
Applications will be accepted beginning in fall 2021 for scholarships awarded in spring 2022.
*Student recipients who are not already Golden 1 members must become members prior to accepting a scholarship. Must be listed as the Member/Owner of the account.
2021 Golden 1 Scholarship Recipients
We put people before profit.
We are dedicated to supporting our members, now and for the future. Our scholarship program is an essential part of that promise. Since 2013, Golden 1 has awarded $3.1 million in funding to students all over the Golden State. By investing in California’s youth, we’re helping create a better future for our communities. And by putting people before profit, we’re continuing our commitment to help every Californian live their healthiest, happiest financial life.