Do you know a hardworking college-bound student? Maybe it’s your child. Maybe it’s you! If you’ve been striving to excel in academics, community involvement, and extracurricular activities, we want to help bring your college dreams to life. Golden 1 Scholarships can help pay for your education. Apply today for the 2021–2022 school year.
Recipients may receive:
- Up to $1,000 annually to full-time students who plan to attend an accredited, nonprofit, two-year community college in California
- Up to $5,000 annually to full-time students who plan to attend an accredited, nonprofit, four-year college or university in California
In order to be eligible, you must:
- Hold a grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher
- Be involved in community service totaling at least 24 hours in the last 12 months
- Be a Golden 1 member for at least one year, or be a dependent of someone who has been a member for at least one year*
Applications for the 2021-2022 school year are due February 1, 2021.
*Student recipients who are not already Golden 1 members must become members prior to accepting a scholarship. Must be listed as the Member/Owner of the account.
Golden 1 scholarship recipient Christina is pursuing a demanding degree, Bachelor of Science - Nursing. “As the first member of my family to pursue a higher education, I had no college savings plan for my future,” Christina writes. “This scholarship has helped lift some of the financial burden and unwanted daily stress so that I may focus clearly on my academic goals.”
We put people before profit.
We are dedicated to supporting our members, now and for the future. Our scholarship program is an essential part of that promise. Since 2013, Golden 1 has awarded $3.1 million in funding to students all over the Golden State. By investing in California’s youth, we’re helping create a better future for our communities. And by putting people before profit, we’re continuing our commitment to help every Californian live their healthiest, happiest financial life.