Golden 1 Credit Union believes in investing in California’s future leaders, and we are proud to do our part to help them achieve their educational goals. Through the Golden 1 Credit Union scholarship program, we provide members and their dependents financial assistance, valued at up to $20,000 per student. Students receive awards based on academic achievement, community involvement, and extracurricular activities. Since the program began in 2013, we have awarded $2.7 million in scholarship funding to students throughout California.
Recipients can receive:
- Up to $1,000 annually to full-time students who plan to attend an accredited, nonprofit, two-year community college in California
- Up to $5,000 annually to full-time students who plan to attend an accredited, nonprofit, four-year college or university in California
In order to be eligible, you must:
- Hold a grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher
- Be involved in community service totaling at least 24 hours in the last 12 months
- Be a Golden 1 member for at least one year, or be a dependent of someone who has been a member for at least one year*
*Student recipients who are not already Golden 1 members must become members prior to accepting a scholarship. Must be listed as the Member/Owner of the account.