YOU ARE ABOUT TO LEAVE GOLDEN 1 WEBSITE
- You are linking to an alternate website not operated by the credit union;
- Golden 1 is not responsible for the product, service, or overall content of the alternate website;
- Golden 1 does not represent either the third party or the member if the two enter into a transaction; and
- Privacy and security policies may differ from those practiced by the credit union.
There are many great benefits to digital wallets. One benefit is the security provided to your personal card information. Digital wallets use a technology called tokenization, which is a process that substitutes non-sensitive information for sensitive, personal information like your credit card number.
Digital wallets are great for budgeting, too. Use of a digital wallet allows you to keep track of where your money is going and how frequently you are spending it. With a digital wallet, you can look at past and current purchases and adjust accordingly to stay on track with your budget and future spending. A digital wallet is also a good way to store all of your loyalty cards and member rewards information to help you save even more money.
The process of changing your default card is different depending on the device you're using. Here are instructions for iPhone or iPad:
1. Go to Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay
2. Scroll down to Transaction Defaults
3. Tap Default Card, then choose a new card
On your iPhone you can also open Wallet, touch and hold a card and drag it to the front of your cards.
For instructions on other devices, please visit the Apple Pay website.
For security and to protect your card number, a Digital Card Number is created when you add your Golden 1 card to Samsung Pay. This is a separate and unique device-specific number linked to your Golden 1 card. This Digital Card Number may be different from your plastic card number. You can find your Digital Card Number by tapping your Golden 1 card in the Samsung Pay app and then scrolling down to see the card details. This number should be used whenever a Samsung Pay merchant requests the last four digits of your card number.
You can activate your card directly through Online or Mobile Banking by navigating to the new card within the Manage Cards or Cards sections, clicking on the Activate Card link, and following the prompts.
- Or you can activate your card and set/reset a PIN by calling the number on the activation sticker.
- Update any mobile wallets and Visa Secure Checkout with your new card information.
- Contact any merchants with whom you’ve set up recurring payments and update your card number.
- Update automatic payment transfers, travel alerts, and transaction alerts within Golden 1 Online/Mobile Banking.
- Re-enroll the new card number in any electronic bills you have set up.
If your card is lost or stolen please call the Golden 1 Member Service Contact Center at 1-877-GOLDEN 1 (1-877-465-3361) immediately and mention that you participate in Samsung Pay. We will close your card so that no more purchases can be made. You should also remove the lost or stolen card from the Samsung Pay app by using the “Delete Card” option. When you receive your replacement card, you will need to add the new card to Samsung Pay again before use.
Yes, you will earn the same level of rewards regardless of whether you use Google Pay or the physical card for the transaction.
The process to return an item purchased in-store with Google Pay is the same as if you were returning an item purchased with a physical card. Most merchants require you to have the original receipt along with the payment card used for that transaction. If the merchant asks you to swipe your card, simply hold the back of your phone to the contactless payment terminal. For some returns, you might have to provide the last 4 digits of your digital card number.
Yes, you will earn the same level of rewards regardless of whether you use Samsung Pay or have the physical card present for the transaction.
If your card is lost or stolen please call the Golden 1 Member Service Contact Center at 1-877-GOLDEN 1 (1-877-465-3361) immediately and mention that you participate in Google Pay. We will close your card so that no more purchases can be made. You should also remove the lost or stolen card from using the “Remove” option. When you receive your replacement card, you will need to add the new card to Google Pay again before use.