When you become a member of Golden 1 Credit Union, you’re part owner of a not-for-profit financial institution that pays you back in the form of lower rates on loans, higher returns on savings, and more free services.
In 2021, a national financial magazine asked Americans to choose the credit union or bank they admire most, based on qualities such as:
• “Committed to ethical business practices”
• “Committed to giving back to community”
• “Empowers me to achieve my financial goals”
• “Makes me feel like I belong to something more than just a bank”
Golden 1 Credit Union was named in the top 3 nationwide (American Banker, 2021). We think it’s because we share your values – from having each other’s backs to keeping more of your hard-earned money.
Like our members, we’re also invested in our communities. Annually, we contribute more than $1.5 million through our grant and assistance programs, food bank donations, and help for homeless youth. We also provide financial help to our communities in times of crisis.
Saving your time and money is important. We offer free, convenient services to access your accounts. Deposit checks remotely with free mobile banking, withdraw cash on the road at our 30,000 fee-free ATMs, and more.
In 2014 and 2019, we even gave dividends back to our member-owners. The 2019 giveback totaled $20 million in surprise deposits to members’ accounts!
We’re 1.1 million members strong and growing. Together, we make your financial goals a reality. Because we believe in people over profit. And we never stop thinking about how we can help our members live their best lives. Join us – all Californians are welcome.
All Californians can join! If you live or work in California, you are eligible. Just open a Golden 1 savings account with $1.
Non-Californians may join if they are a family member or registered domestic partner of a current Golden 1 member, or a member of one of nearly 1,000 Select Employee Groups.
Become a member today and discover the credit union difference.
The Credit Union Difference: Not-for-profit, Member Owned
Our commitment is to our members, not shareholders. And we're local. We're in California, for Californians.
As a not-for-profit, we can offer savings on fees and interest. Join us for:
- Low interest rates on loans for homes, cars, and other purchases
- Higher yields on savings
- Up to 3% cash rebates with our Platinum Rewards Card
- Free Checking and dividend-bearing checking options
We provide the technology and convenience you need to get through your busy day:
- Mobile and online access to your accounts
- Over 70 branches and Home Loan Centers, and more than 230 Golden 1 ATMs in California
- 30,000 fee-free affiliated ATMs nationwide
Enjoy Exceptional Service
- Local service and support
- Access to the financial expertise you need to meet your life goals