When you become a member of Golden 1 Credit Union, you’re part owner of a not-for-profit financial institution that pays you back in the form of lower rates on loans, higher returns on savings, and more free services.
In 2021 and 2022, a respected national financial publication asked Americans to evaluate credit unions and banks based on qualities such as:
- commitment to ethical business practices
- commitment to giving back to the community
- empowering customers to achieve their financial goals
We’re proud to say Golden 1 Credit Union was named in the top ranks nationwide (Best Customer Experience Institutions, American Banker and Monigle, 2022). Our achievements are inspired by our members – thank you!
Our support of our communities includes more than $1.5 million annual contributions through grant and assistance programs, food bank donations, and help for homeless youth. We also provide financial help to our communities in times of crisis.
Saving your time and money is important. We offer free, convenient services to access your accounts. Deposit checks remotely with free mobile banking, withdraw cash on the road at our 30,000 fee-free ATMs, and more.
In 2014 and 2019, we even gave dividends back to our member-owners. The 2019 giveback totaled $20 million in surprise deposits to members’ accounts!
We’re 1.1 million members strong and growing. Together, we make your financial goals a reality. Because we believe in people over profit. And we never stop thinking about how we can help our members live their best lives. Join us – all Californians are welcome.
All Californians can join! If you live or work in California, you are eligible. Just open a Golden 1 savings account with $1.
Non-Californians may join if they are a family member or registered domestic partner of a current Golden 1 member, or a member of one of nearly 1,000 Select Employee Groups.
Become a member today and discover the credit union difference.
The Credit Union Difference: Not-for-profit, Member Owned
Our commitment is to our members, not shareholders. And we're local. We're in California, for Californians.
As a not-for-profit, we can offer savings on fees and interest. Join us for:
- Low interest rates on loans for homes, cars, and other purchases
- Higher yields on savings
- Credit card options. Choose the one that’s right for you
- Free Checking and dividend-bearing checking options
We provide the technology and convenience you need to get through your busy day:
- Mobile and online access to your accounts
- Over 70 branches and Home Loan Centers, and more than 230 Golden 1 ATMs in California
- 30,000 fee-free affiliated ATMs nationwide
Enjoy Exceptional Service
- Local service and support
- Access to the financial expertise you need to meet your life goals