Whether you want to save for a few months or a few years, certificates may be a good option. Earn higher dividends on larger account balances when you deposit funds into certificates for terms of three months to 60 months. The dividends you earn each month can be added to the certificate balance or transferred to a different account without penalties. The longer the term, the higher the dividend rate — an excellent choice if you know how long you want to keep funds on deposit.
Term Savings Certificate
Terms vary from 3 to 60 months. Dividends you earn each month can be added to the certificate balance or transferred to a different account without penalties.
- Flexible terms from 3 to 60 months
- No minimum balance fee
- Only $1,000 minimum opening deposit
- Dividends paid monthly
- Funds can be collateral for a Certificate Loan
- Longer terms offer higher dividend rate
- Dividends compounded monthly
- Automatic renewal at maturity
- Seven calendar day grace period at maturity date with no Golden 1 penalties to withdraw from or close account
- Federally insured by the NCUA
- Contact us by calling 1-877-GOLDEN 1 (1-877-465-3361) or visit any Golden 1 branch to apply. Current Golden 1 members can open a certificate in Online Banking.
Savings with more flexibility — and no high fees.
Not sure when you’ll need your savings? No problem. Our savings accounts allow you to withdraw funds anytime – no monthly maintenance fee and no minimum balance fee. Start with as little as $1.
How to save more money
Listen to our Money Management podcast. In just 15 minutes, you can learn how to create a budget, set goals, and cut back on expenses so you can save even more money.