A high-yield term savings certificate with compounding dividends can help you reach your saving goals faster! As California’s Leading Credit Union, Golden 1 term certificates offer a variety of rates and terms for predictable, risk-free returns on your hard-earned savings. Save with us and enjoy greater peace of mind, knowing your money is federally insured up to $250,000 by the NCUA. Choose a term that fits your long-or short-term goals. Lock in a great rate and enjoy the convenience of a set-it-and-forget-it savings tool. Open an account today!
With clear, reliable returns and low, $500 minimum opening deposits, our term savings certificates offer higher rates than regular savings accounts. So they’re an ideal choice if you’re looking to make your money work harder. Save confidently with the secure and flexible features of a Golden 1 Term Savings Certificate.
Term Savings Certificate
Terms vary from 3 to 60 months. Dividends you earn each month can be added to the certificate balance or transferred to a different account without penalties.
- Flexible terms from 3 to 60 months
- No minimum balance fee
- Only $500 minimum opening deposit unless specified otherwise
- Dividends paid monthly
- Funds can be collateral for a Certificate Loan
- Longer terms offer higher dividend rate
- Dividends compounded monthly
- Automatic renewal at maturity
- Seven calendar day grace period at maturity date with no Golden 1 penalties to withdraw from or close account
- Federally insured by the NCUA
- Contact us by calling 1-877-GOLDEN 1 (1-877-465-3361) or visit any Golden 1 branch to apply. Current Golden 1 members can open a certificate in Online Banking.
|Flexible terms from 3 to 60 months
|No minimum balance fee
|Only $500 minimum opening deposit unless specified otherwise
|Dividends paid monthly
|Funds can be collateral for a Certificate Loan
|Longer terms offer higher dividend rate
|Dividends compounded monthly
|Automatic renewal at maturity
|Seven calendar day grace period at maturity date with no Golden 1 penalties to withdraw from or close account
|Federally insured by the NCUA
|Contact us by calling 1-877-GOLDEN 1 (1-877-465-3361) or visit any Golden 1 branch to apply. Current Golden 1 members can open a certificate in Online Banking.
|Open an account
An Effortless Renewal Process
Great news, your certificate will automatically renew on the maturity date at the current dividend rate in effect, so no action is necessary.
However, if you would like to make a change to your certificate, you will have a seven (7) calendar-day grace period after the maturity date to do so, penalty free. By using our self-service digital option within Online Banking, you can initiate the process and will receive a confirmation email once it is completed.
- Log into Online Banking: Access your account using your credentials.
- Access Certificate Management: Once logged in, click the "Open Account/Manage Certificates" link from the right-hand menu. Then select "Certificates Management."
- Select the Certificate: Term Savings Certificates eligible for action within the seven (7) calendar-day grace period will be featured at the top of the page, highlighted, with a bolded border for easy identification; clicking on them will populate the required information needed to complete your request.
Savings with more flexibility
Not sure when you’ll need your savings? No problem. With our regular savings accounts, withdraw funds anytime. And there's no monthly maintenance fee. Start with as little as $1.
How to save more money
Listen to our Money Management podcast. In just 15 minutes, you can learn how to create a budget, set goals, and cut back on expenses so you can save even more money.
YOU ARE ABOUT TO LEAVE GOLDEN 1 WEBSITE
- You are linking to an alternate website not operated by the credit union;
- Golden 1 is not responsible for the product, service, or overall content of the alternate website;
- Golden 1 does not represent either the third party or the member if the two enter into a transaction; and
- Privacy and security policies may differ from those practiced by the credit union.