Golden 1 Credit Union is proud to do our part to help California’s future leaders achieve their educational goals and dreams. Golden 1 Scholarships provide eligible members and their dependents financial assistance, valued at up to $20,000 per student.
• Up to $1,000 annually to full-time students who plan to attend an accredited, nonprofit, two-year community college in California
• Up to $5,000 annually to full-time students who plan to attend an accredited, nonprofit, four-year college or university in California
To be eligible, students must:
• Have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0
• Be involved in community service totaling at least 24 hours in the last 12 months
• Be a Golden 1 member, or a dependent of a member for at least one year*
Applications are available online for scholarships to be awarded in spring
2022. The deadline to submit your application is January 31, 2022.
2021 Golden 1 Scholarship Recipients
We put people before profit.
We are dedicated to supporting our members, now and for the future. Our scholarship program is an essential part of that promise. Since 2013, Golden 1 has awarded $3.5 million in funding to students all over the Golden State. By investing in California’s future leaders, we’re helping create stronger communities. And by putting people before profit, we’re continuing our commitment to help every Californian live their healthiest, happiest financial life.